Thursday, July 10, 2008

When a girl is bored

The first week of my winter break was practically slow moving...did very little.However ,starting from yesterday things have been full-on, and it feels good to be running around and doing productive things.

One such thing, productive or not... that I did was bake....nothing great, just made my own stuffing/filling for puff pastry and put it into the oven. I didnt want to use canned fruits, and I didnt want to just go plain chopped fruit, so I improvised with what ever fruit and ingridients there were at home!

Ingridients

We have above diced green apples(skinless), peeled navel oranges(hard outer skin removed), and cranberries


Cranberries with lime juice, vanilla essence,butter and cloves

Green apples with cinnamon(I added more cinnamon after this picture)

This is my orange filling envolope. I totaly forgot to take a picture of the oranges cooking. I added all spice and nutmeg to the oranges.


Cinammon apple flower

Ok and I am missing a picture of my cranberry rolls. The lack of documentation is caused by my lateness in baking because I wasnt free earlier in the day. I started only at 4.30, and was making them well into dinner time(about 7). So once they were ready I was too excited, and my family members and aunts friend were done with dinner so they attacked the pastry as they came out of the oven. So as I mentioned, I was on my feet till a little after everyone had dinner..so what I did was I put my dinner on a sheet of puff pastry and baked it as well since I was waiting anyways for the others.

Thus we have rice and meat stuffed pastry! it was awesome! the meat cooked further till it was a little crispy on the outside,the rice soaked up flavours from the meat,and coating it crispy buttery pastry! yummmo!!

My aunt's friend had bought a tub of greek youghurt, and that was an amazing combination with the sweet pastry. Can you imagine piping hot pastry with a nice dollop of cold youghurt on a cold night!? hmmmmmmmmm...............

5 comments:

Lin said...

hmmmm...looks and sounds nice!
LOL
but too bad i'm feeling a lil sick now...so not that enthusiastic. =(
hehe...so fun la...i haven't really baked on my own...would wanna try someday! ;)

feifei said...

omg!!!pras!!! gimme da recipe!!! looks reli gooodddddddddddddd!!!!!! i wanna eat them rite now.. :P perhaps bake 4 us all when u're back in pg? blek!

Steph said...

pras..u must teach me how to cook or I am expecting you to bake for me when we are back from aussie during the holidays.looking forward to try your cooking

jennifer said...

all i gotta say is..WOWWW!!! good job!!!!

prasana@poel said...

hey ppl!!! thanks so much....hahahha....ermm no recipie la, I just went with the flow....but yeah I remember what I put in them. sure! when we go back this time we must have a cooking session..it will be super fun!