Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Another side of Brisbane




Well since I have come here to Brisbane, I have been in the midst of busy suburbian life, and city life....when my mum came over we visited some nature attractions, and forest reserves and all... but nothing less than a 2 hours drive away from home.But on Sunday, I got to experience nature in one of Brisbane's outskirt suburbs..only about a 45 minute drive from my place. The place my uncle,cousin and I went to was called Logan Village....the place was made up of mostly acreages..so the drive there on its own was nice...seeing nice big farm houses..with vast lands, some with crops..some with cows roaming around, even saw a cute little pony and horses.To see such scenic views and carefree animals roaming around just kilometres away from more developed suburbs and the city itself was cool.(like driving from Penang,Pulau Tikus area to balik pulau kind of thing). However our destination was a plot of land still untouched,very much in a jungle state. My uncle wanted to 'walk' the plot, and really get an idea what the plot he was soon going to develop looked like. Here are some snapshots from the little adventure we three had.........




The sky






Some sort of natural sculpture, formed on its own over time







White ant hill...the stick was already there, Cousin added the leaf

'flag'




Nice mushrooms





Ugly mushroom

Yup mushroom growing on top of dried cow dung!..according to what I know, they should be 'magic' mushrooms ....the narcotic, drug! yeeeewwwww......




PINK flower
ORANGE Flower




Beautiful, unique looking tree, one of the trees that cannot be chopped down and must be protected.



At the tip of the plot of land, the trees were not so dense, I thought it was going to be like that all the way, boring trees and thats all, boy was I wrong....




This may look like just grass, however it is actually the kangaroo's sleeping area, if you look closely enough, you can see parts where the tall grass has been pressed down and is brownish in colour.
The density increased as we went further in...............
Posing with the stick I used to poke around infront of me


before I took my steps, Didn't want to step on Mr.Long, or a cane toad

or any other creature.....(oh and kangaroo poo too)



We came into a clearing, I felt like being 5 again,sticking

my arms out like an aeroplane and running

around, of course I didn't because my uncle and cousin

would think I was nuts




Flower bushes surrounding the open area




Scratches from all the branches

saw hares, and cane toads too...but no pics...they ran too fast!.....have loads of other pics..like red/bull ants, termites and some other flowers and all...all in all it was a good work out that was fun!

3 comments:

Lin said...

WOW~~

sounds like fun too!!!! i wanna go there with u...LOL
then we can laugh like nobody's business there...wait...we'd probably scare the animals away XD

Anonymous said...

hahahahhahah yeah we can laugh at everything we see!!....hahahha yeah like when we see in movies, when the gun shot goes off all the birds and animals fly and run away at once ..woosh! like that too when we laugh! hahahahahhaha.

jennifer said...

hahahaha crazy people...

but yeh fun fun fun! lol. reminds me of some kinda bush walk or something. how come adelaide doesnt have this?! lol maybe we dunno how to goo