Monday, November 12, 2007

My name?

lots of people who have asked in the past: What is your name?

Me: My name is Prasana.....

L:brasana...ppprasaanaa?? presena?

M:uhm, PRA-SA-NA

L:oh! PRA-SA-NA-...what a lovely name.....

M:hee hee.. Thank you!

L:What does it mean?

M:oh..I don't know!???????

I seriously have no clue what my neame means...I think my mum and dad just found it and went for it.. they needed a name which ryhmes along with my cousins and brothers names so voila....


Peter Praveen Wilson(cousin)
Paul Pradeep Wilson(cousin)
Patrcik Prasad William(brother)
Phillip Prakash William (brother)
Prasana Shalini William

all 4 of them have the initials P.P.W. except me......P.S.W.! whats with that lah! hahahaa....

I am the only one who didnt get a nice Christian/English name as my first name, all thanks to my dad. Its supposed to be Petra...but no!!..... he forgot to name me properly when the judge asked him....

Instead he goes tuan, itu sahaja Prasana Shalini a/p William...
My mum said she tried... nudging him going Petra..Petra...daddy don't forget Petra...but no daddy doesnt want to trouble the judge......

Itu sahaja tuan , nama anak angkat kami Prasana Shalini a/p william tuan....

Baik....he bla...bla...bla... then makamah bersurai! and with that goes my Petra!

But at least I am grateful when I did my IC dad didnt bother about if he was troubling the judge...he got rid of the a/p in my name...with my brothers it was done within seconds at the ic office.. but with me..as usual i make things more complicated..........muahahaha!!

Kita berkimpul di sini untuk mendengar kes bla...bla...bla... ibubapa dan anak angkat sila tampil ke depan....nama anak encik..

Prasana Shalini William tuan...

Baik....sila baca perjanjian ibubapa.... mum and dad read some long winded thingy...

Baik, dengan itu Prasana Shalini William adalah anak smth smth smth.......he confirms me as they rightful kid and all and then all the other kids and parents go up front then Makamah bersurai!

5 comments:

Lin said...

LOL~

the way u type this post is super hilarious la...couldn't help giggling!! XD

i think Shalini sounds nice lo...Petra sounds, i dunno, weird to me =S

haha...my daughter is meant to be named prasana shalini william!! =)

jennifer said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! OMG!!!!

This is such an unusual & funny post!!!!!

Couldnt stop laughing. hahahahah!!!!

gosh SO BLOODY FUNNY!!!!

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe...a giggly post...just out of the blue it became a topic to post...I think I have been filling in too many forms lately ..so my name has been in my head a lot! hahahahaa.... till today when I bug my dad bout my name..he changes the tpoic!

Ming Ming said...

so now ur IC don't have a/p d?? can wan ar?
when are you coming back to pg?

Anonymous said...

yeah no more a/p....hahah special case...hehehehe....goodness next year only! hahhahaa feb....so lame right...i wanna go home d, miss friends..and food...