Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Food escapades

I have put on a lot of weight in the last 2 months or so, the bulk of it in the last two months at least. A total of 10 kg's. And I feel ever so uncomfortable!!! Can't bend to tie my laces, can't sit in lecture for too long wihtout having to change my position every few seconds, can't fit into a lot of clothes and unable to breathe properly at times! Its plain annoying. The reason for the weight gain mainly is, number 1 the side effects of the meds I have to take and thus, 2nd Overeating! sadly I was back in good ol Penang when the overeating started...cheap,yummy 24/7 food...NOT GOOD!
So I decided to start healthy eating about 2 weeks ago VERDICT:FAIL!

It all started out well...big healthy breakfast...moderate lunch ( so no snacking inbetween)...fruits and veggies for dinner,cut out heaps of carbs,switched to brown bread

Home made big breakfast


Salmon and sprouts sandwich for lunch



Good portion of meat high in iron,heaps of veggies (brunch, so no lunch or snacks after this meal till dinner)



Then I began to slip! it all started with a lunch party...a small slither not even slice of chocolate cake and sticky date pudding and GOODBYE healthy food. My tastebuds did a little dance of joy and from then on refused to settle for anything less!


The problem causers!
And the horror continued


And didn't seem to stop




Well OK sushi might not look bad..but it is when overdone! too much carbs from the sticky rice! the 1st dish on top was soft shell crab with omellete on rice...and there was so much rice! and I finished every bit! Not proud of myself!


Really hope this coming week I go back to my proper eating. loosing weight healthily is not easy,well I was told not at first for sure, but once it becomes routine,or even a lifestyle it becomes easy! so for now my snacks are going to be celery and peanut better,breakfast bars and fruits..NUTELLA,CREAM CHEESE,MACCAS,RICE, WHITE BREAD all you horrible stuff better stay clear!

No comments: